The study of contemporary astrology and the interpretation of astrological symbolism form a central part of this MA programme which involves taught and research elements, including four modules, a learning journal and a dissertation. It may be taken full-time (1 year) or part-time/modular (2+years).
Core modules on Thursdays, optionals Wednesdays or Fridays. Modules are:
- Interpreting the Heavens: theories and methods (core)
- The Imaginal Cosmos: interpreting symbolic texts & images (core)
- Cosmology and the Arts (optional)
- The Intelligible Cosmos (optional)
- Nature, Culture and Religion (optional)
Themes include Egypt & alchemy, I Ching & Chinese philosophy, Renaissance astrology & magic, literature, art, music & cosmos, enchantment, tarot and the divinatory narrative.For further information, contact Dr Angela Voss (director).